BAT Guest

Cool 10 Must do Tips To Pass The PMP Exam On your First Try

10 Best Tips To Pass The PMP Exam On First Try

1. Make sure to read PMBOK and Rita Mulcahy at-least twice – once in detail, once just skim through it.
    2. Attempt all the individual chapter tests in Rita Mulcahy’s book + all the individual chapter tests on Rita Mulcahy’s Fast Track CD.
    3. Enroll for as many question banks + mock tests you can, and try to take as many as you can early on. This will help you identify gaps in your learning and knowledge to help you focus better on your lacking areas.
    4. Make sure you review ALL your answers – correct and incorrect ones to solidify your understanding about the concepts.
    5. For memorizing charts, I had created 9 charts on A4 size papers and had pinned them on to my bedroom wall. Every time I would walk past it, I would stop for 15 minutes and work on 3 charts. This helps if you have a photographic memory.
    6. Make a habit of creating dump sheets. This will help you a lot to quickly review information instead of skimming through long texts.
    7. If you have a smart phone download PMP related applications to keep you engrossed while on the go. I found it quite effective to keep my mind active.
    8. Join one of the online PMP forums to share your concerns, experiences and gain access to many resources of PMP related information. One such interactive forum is PMZilla. It will help you interact with similar PMP aspirants, share your thoughts, express your queries and get more knowledge to help you prepare better.
    9. A day before the PMP exam, relax, listen to some music, take a walk. You are not at war and this exam is not the last one you will take in your life! So chill out!
    10. Practice creating a dump sheet with all the charts and formulas in 15 minutes. Do that before the test as well so you can use that as cheat sheet as you will not have time to go through your memory when looking at the questionnaire.
    11. On the day of the PMP exam – be prepared to create a dump sheet of the math formulas + processes across the 9 knowledge areas / 5 process groups. Also be prepared to attempt 200 questions in 3 hours, and mark about 30-40 questions for review. That way you will have 50-55 minutes to review them at the end.

With this, we come to an end of this long post on how to prepare for the PMP exam. Feel free to drop me a line at thewisdompearls@yahoo.com or post a comment in the section below if you have any questions/concerns or need help for your PMP exam preparation. I would be more than happy to help you out! Good Luck and Happy Studying!
    Last edited by BAT; November 14th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.